chaos_silk: so very much (Thank You)
[personal profile] chaos_silk

Title: Would You Marry Me?
Fandom: Vision of Escaflowne
Rating: K
Pairing: Implied Hitomi/Van & Allen/Marlene. Allen/Van.
Warnings: None.
Summary: They’re both hung up on past loves, they’re both viewed as eligible bachelors. There’s only one solution.
Notes: Set several years post-canon.

 

“You know,” Allen says as he takes a sip of his wine, a slight smirk on his lips. “It would solve a lot of problems if we got married.” Van freezes mid pen stroke, shooting Allen a bewildered look before resuming his work.

“Which of my problems—” Van says drily, stressing ‘my’, “—would be solved by marrying you?” Allen smiles.

“Aren’t your advisors suggesting you marry a nice girl and settle down?” he says knowingly, taking another sip. “Aren’t you tired of getting mobbed by eligible young ladies at every social function?”

If Van was one thing, it was loyal.

Even now, nearly a decade after her departure, he was loyal to Hitomi. Allen sympathized, being in a similar situation.

“Aren’t you?” Van says with the same indifference he’s had for the entire conversation. His lips twitch a little, belying his amusement.

“I am, that’s why I asked you to marry me,” Allen says with a hint of frustration. Van signs the bottom of the document with a flourish, then sets his pen down and stretches, still infuriatingly cool.

“You didn’t ask me to marry you, you said: it would solve a lot of problems if we got married,” Van says, then grins widely. Much to Allen’s annoyance.

“Would you marry me?” Allen says.

“Ass,” he adds a heartbeat later.

Van hums, a pensive look on his face. “I don’t know,” he says, lips curling mischievously, “I think I’d have more fun if I just continued to moon over you at banquets.”

Ass.” Allen repeats.

Van laughs. “Yes, I’ll marry you.”


Profile

chaos_silk: Heh (Default)
Chaos

January 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
456789 10
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 12th, 2026 06:24 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios